CHARTER OF THE ASEAN GOLF FEDERATION
1. The name of the association shall be “ASEAN Golf Federation”, (hereinafter referred to as “the Federation” or “AGF”).
2. The objects of the Federation shall be as follows:
(a) To further strengthen the bonds of friendship amongst member associations;
(b) To assist member associations in the development of golf in their respective counties;
(c) To promote the following ASEAN Golf Championships:
- The annual Putra Cup (Elite Men)/Lion City Cup (Junior-under 18 boys)/Santi Cup (Elite Ladies)/Kartini Cup (Junior Under18 girls)
- The Etiqa Asean Cup
- Any other amateur events for Men and Ladies
(d) Generally to encourage and promote the pursuit of the game of golf in ASEAN region and to raise funds for such purpose.
(e) To obtain affiliation with International Golf Associations and other organizations established for the promotion of sports and to represent ASEAN region thereon.
(f) To promote representative matches against other regions and to participate in representative matches against the regions.
(g) To uphold the Rules of Golf as prescribed for the time being by the Royal & Ancient Golf Club of St Andrews subject to such local rules as fall within the Recommendations for Local Rules made by the Rules of Golf Committee or are necessary to meet climactic conditions.
(h) To afford means whereby disputes and differences concerning golf in ASEAN may be settled.
(i) To set up regional golfing policies where necessary.
3. Membership of the Federation is open to the national golf associations of the countries for the Southeast Asian Nations (ASEAN).
4. To be eligible for membership, a national golf association must be deemed by the Federation to be the governing body of golf in its country.
5. An application for membership shall be supported by copies of the association’s constitution or similar documents and such other information as the Federation may require.
6. A unanimous vote of all member associations shall be required to approve acceptance of an application.
7. All member associations shall be bound by the provisions of this Charter.
8. A member association shall cease to be a member if:
(a) it resigns from the Federation in writing or;
(b) If it is removed by a unanimous vote of all member associations for failure to pay any fees for which it is liable or for gross violation of any provision of this Charter.
9. The members of the Federation shall be Brunei Golf Association, Cambodia Golf Association, Indonesia Golf Association, Laos Golf Association, Malaysian Golf Association, Myanmar Golf Federation, The National Golf Association of the Philippines, Singapore Golf Association,Thailand Golf Association and Vietnam Golf Association. Other countries out of the ASEAN region may join subject to the approval of the Federation.
10. An applicant for membership shall pay an entrance fee of US1000.00.
11. The Federation shall have the power to levy any other fees it deems fit.
12. The Management of the Federation shall be vested in a Management Committee comprising the President and Secretary General of the Federation and the President or Secretary General of member associations. This Committee shall meet twice a year at six monthly intervals. One of the meetings shall be held at the Federation Secretariat Office and the second meeting shall rotate among the members association. The President of the Federation shall preside at the management committee meetings and in his absence the Secretary General.
13. ANNUAL / GENERAL MEETINGS
13.1 The Federation shall hold an annual general meeting once a year to discuss matters pertaining to the running of the Federation. The annual general meeting shall be held at the time and place where the Putra Cup is held and such meeting shall not be held later than 15 months after the last annual general meeting. The Secretary General shall be empowered to call the Annual General Meeting in accordance with the provisions provided in this Charter. The President of the Federation shall preside at all the Annual/General meetings and in his absence the Secretary General.
13.2 The Annual General Meeting shall elect a President who shall hold office until the next Annual General Meeting. In the event when the Putra Cup is hosted by Hong Kong or Papua New Guinea, the incumbent President shall continue his term until the next member association of AGF hosts the championship. In the event that the post of President falls vacant due to whatsoever reason, the member association of which he was or is a member shall appoint another person as President and he shall retire at the next Annual General Meeting.
13.3 Any other General Meetings shall be held whenever convened by the Secretary-General at the request of the President or at the request of not less than two (2) member associations and such General Meeting/s shall be held not later than sixty (60) days after the receipt by the Secretary-General of such requisition.
13.4 Twenty-one (21) days’ notice shall be given by the Secretary-General to all member associations of an Annual General Meeting. Such notice shall include the agenda for the Meeting. Any member association desirous of having any other business consistent with this Charter shall notify it to the Secretary-General in writing not later than fourteen (14) days before the Meeting.
13.5 Fourteen (14) days’ notice shall be given by the Secretary- General to all member associations of a General Meetings other than an Annual General Meeting.
13.6 At each General Meetings, each member association may be represented by two delegates. Each delegate shall be properly accredited by the member association.
13.7 At each General Meetings, delegates representing not less than half of the member associations shall form a quorum.
13.8 At each General Meetings, each member association shall have two (2) votes.
13.9 Unless otherwise provided by this Charter, all matters shall be decided by a simple majority of the general meetings.
14. A Secretary-General shall be appointed by the national golf association of the country where the Secretariat resides. In the event that the post of Secretary General falls vacant due to any whatsoever reason, the host national golf association where the secretariat resides shall appoint a new Secretary General.
15. The Secretariat of the Federation shall reside in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia at the registered address of the Malaysian Golf Association until such time as the Federation at an AGM decides otherwise.
16. The Secretary-General shall keep records of the Federation, give notices of meetings and collect dues and perform all other customary duties of his offices.
17. The Secretary-General shall prepare the Annual Report and statement of accounts to be presented for approval at each Annual General Meetings.
18. The Federation may adopt resolutions by circulation. The document giving the consent of member associations shall be duly signed by the President or Honorary Secretary (Secretary General) of the member associations.
19. The Management Committee may make such bye-laws as necessary for the purpose of carrying out its functions under this Charter
20. This Charter may be amended by two-thirds (2/3) majority of the member associations of the Federation, provided that the objects of the Federation shall not be amended except by unanimous vote of all member associations.
21. The Federation may be dissolved by a resolution to that effect passed by not less than three-fourths (3/4) of the member associations present and eligible to vote. Upon dissolution all debts and liabilities of the Federation shall be fully discharged and any remaining assets shall be disposed of in accordance with the decision of the General Meeting.
ADOPTION DATE OF LATEST CHARTER
22. This Charter comes into force on 8 th September 2011, being the date of the Annual General Meeting of the Federation in year 2011.